A few years back, since I was working in mid/night shift in my previous company, and the last day of work is until Holy Wednesday, I usually have the Station of the Cross after my shift which starts at 6 o’clock in the morning. However, this year because I’m now working on day shift, I did it after our half day work on Holy Wednesday. Here are some of the things I usually prepared before the activity which might help you in your Station of the Cross journey:
- Station of the Cross Prayer Book. This is the very first thing that you need to prepare since it will serve as your guide in your journey. Although, there are some of the churches which provide or post the Station of the Cross guide, it is better that you keep one to yourself. In my case, what I have been using in the past 2 years is a Smart Phone App. You can download the app, Stations, if you are using an Apple phone or gadget.
- A Bottle of Water. To survive the scorching heat of the Sun, and to keep yourself hydrated, you can bring with you a bottle of water. This will replenish the liquid that you lose during the course of your journey.
- An Extra Shirt and Towel. In the Philippines, since Holy Week falls on the Summer Season, it is expected that you will sweat more so it’s better to bring with you an extra shirt and/or towel that you can use.
- Extra Money. It is advisable that you bring extra money to be used not only for the fares from one church going to the other, but also to buy extra bottle of water or bread.
- Your Presence. Not just physically but also mentally. This is one of the most important aspects that you need to have when you participate in Visita Iglesia to experience it wholly and Holy.