Calling all aspiring playwrights! The Virgin Labfest YEAR 10 is now open for script submissions.
The Virgin Labfest is an annual festival of unpublished, unstaged, untried and untested Filipino works for the theater held at the Cultural Center of the Philippines. This festival is a partnership project of the Writer’s Bloc, Inc., Tanghalang Pilipino, Inc. and the Cultural Center of the Philippines.
This year, the Virgin Labfest will choose twelve (12) “virgin” one-act plays.
The Virgin Labfest is open to submissions of the following written works:
1. One-Act plays, (maximum running time: 40 minutes)
2. All submitted works must NOT have been previously:
– published in book form;
– staged commercially for more than two performances (staged readings, one-time workshop productions are allowed);
– awarded any literary or drama recognition in competitions and the like
3. Works may be written in Filipino or English.
The festival is open to various themes and genres. It is likewise open to works written in the regional languages but will require accompanying translations in Filipino.
Deadline of Submission is on FEBRUARY 28, 2014.
Submissions may be sent either online — email: in .doc or .pdf format only to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com. Or delivered (at least two hard copies) to CLOTILDE LUCERO or NIKKI TORRES, Performing Arts Department, Upper Basement, Cultural Center of the Philippines, Roxas Boulevard, Pasay City
Submissions should indicate full name and contact address of the playwright. (AAP)